This has been one of our favorites (thanks Amber). If you like Italian flavors you will love this soup. And it's full of iron for all of you pregnant ladies.
Florentine Chicken Soup
1 c uncooked pasta
6 oz cooked chicken (we like to grill it)
4 c chopped fresh spinach
7 1/4 oz jar roasted sweet peppers, drained, sliced
3 fresh sprigs rosemary chopped
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t pepper
1 T butter
1 1/2 c chicken broth
3/4 c alfredo sauce
3 T prepared pesto
Topping: parmesan cheese and pine nuts
1. cook pasta according to package directions
2. in a large saucepan saute chicken, spinach, red pepper, rosemary, garlic powder, and pepper in butter till spinach is wilted
3. stir in the broth, alfredo and pesto
4. cook for 4-5 min
5. drain pasta and add to soup
6. garnish with pine nuts and parmesan
11.11.2007
Soup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jenilyn!!! What's up girlfriend?!!! I was so dang excited to read your comment on my blog. I'll add you to my list so we can keep in touch. Wes is precious. You guys are all such a cute cute family. Ok, we have to get together. The next 2 weeks are crrrrazy for me and then let's get in touch (our email is longhornfamily@hotmail.com) and let's play. I'd love to see Rose too so we'll plan something. Hugs, Summer
That sounds awesome--you are so gourmet! I am excited to try it out. I don't think I ever told you that I LOVED the Asian salad you made this Summer at Rose & Josh's. I also enjoy seeing the photos you post. You've taken some fun ones! Thanks for the paint advice. I'm still working on that one.
Post a Comment