12.11.2008

Goodies

Wes and I had tons of fun making these peppermint patties. I found the recipe in a book of fun things to do with kids, they taste just like York peppermint patties. Wes especially liked dipping them in the chocolate. I made up some of these little goody boxes for neighbors but only one got delivered before it got either eaten or destroyed by Wes. You seriously need to make these with your kids it's so fun and easy and you don't even have to bake them.




Peppermints

1 egg white
1.5 cups powdered sugar
a few drops peppermint extract
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Whisk the egg white in a bowl until frothy. Sift in the confectioners sugar and stir until stiff (I had to add extra since I used an extra large egg). Add a few drops of peppermint extract and knead it into the mixture (I added more than just a few drops to get a good peppermint flavor). Roll into balls and place on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Press flat with fork and leave them to set for 24 hours. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Dip each peppermint into the melted chocolate and place back onto the baking sheet until the chocolate has solidified.

1 comment:

Andrea J said...

I really like your idea, I might have to borrow it...