11.14.2009

little patient

Mabel had ear tubes put in on Wed at 5:30 in the morning. I took her in to the surgery center, got her dressed in her little tiny hospital gown and then they took her away. Tons of thoughts went through my mind, but less than ten minutes later they came and got me and said she was waking up and everything went well. It was funny to see her coming out of the anesthetic, she was acting all floppy and confused. She wouldn't open her eyes but she said "Mommy" in a cute sad voice, it was precious. She already seems more comfortable and I am hoping this means the end of ear infections for Mae.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That is so interesting. Our girls had tubes put in as well, and when Katelynn came out of the anesthetic she started throwing punches and tried to grab at our faces!

Amber said...

That was a really hard experience for me. Canon was 11 months and it was so hard having them take my baby into surgery without me. I'm glad that Mae is doing well and that you did so well, too.