6.15.2011

a few things

We have been doing so many fun and exciting things lately, but mostly I mostly just wanted to tell you about all the little things that have made me laugh.

We made fruit leather a while back and Wes can't seem to say it right: "thruit leatha"

Whenever the kids are feeling sick or have some kind of ailment they always ask for medicine, "the kind you drink". Lately they have been asking for it way too much so I put some gatorade in a baby bottle top and gave it to Mae. She stopped screaming and started smiling. It worked. I didn't think it would be as easy with Wes, the next time he asked for medicine I put some blackberry juice in a bottle top and gave it to him. He said "Hey what flavor is this?" Grape I said. "Oh, ya, this does taste like grape" with a smile on his face. Really? It's that easy? Awesome.

A few days ago Wes picked me some flowers, which was cute and all but then he came home and got an empty baby food jar out and filled it with water, put the flowers in, and put it next to my bed. Now that is the Wes I love.

So I had my 29th birthday last month and this is the first time I am really starting to feel old. Are the people on the Bachelor really younger than me? Kind of depressing. Also, I was visiting teaching a couple of girls in my ward and one of them said she wasn't sure how she was going to like this ward since everyone was like 30 and had three kids. . . Um. Then the other one said, ya, this ward is kind of older. . . Shoot, that would be me. Then another girl at church came up to me and said "You have three kids!? But you look so young!" Ya, Im probably old enough to have five or six kids.

Mae calls cashews "cashrooms" no matter how many times I correct her

The first day we went to the pool Mae said "this is so fun" about 50 times, every minute or so

Vera won't nurse any more. She is still so young, I am kind of sad about it. But also feel kind of free.

Vera is obsessed with hair and will pull it every chance she gets. She reaches and squirms and growls trying to get to it. A few days ago we were on a walk, the kids were in the stroller, and I heard Mae screaming. I got mad at Wes for teasing, then I realized that Vera had a big handful of Mae's hair in her hands, no longer attached to Mae's head.

Wes said "Mom, I love our baby" I said "Do you mean Vera?" He said "ya, I have been waiting for her for years" They are the cutest little buddies.

Yesterday I found a new Costco bag if chips divided into two piles, one on Wes' bed and one on Mae's bed.

I also found Vera covered in milk, and the kids were excited to show me what they did to her.


1 comment:

MAEH said...

Too cute! Loves these types of posts!

And I have to agree, I am feeling old too. I watch reality shows and I think, do I look as old as that guy/girl (that are the same age as me?). I still feel young, but I guess I don't see it!