Mabel Anne Petersen
7 pounds 13 ounces
20" long, dark hair, dark eyes
Born Sunday November 2
We went into the hospital Saturday night having contractions and were sent home an hour later to labor at home for a while then came back about 8:30 in the morning. I got an epidural right away, which was heavenly, and got to relax for a few hours. It started to wear off so we called for the doctor to come back in to give more medication and in the mean time the nurses said "its time to push!" So a few pushes later she was here, about 11:30 in the morning. It seems like everything has worked out in our favor; she was born two weeks early, the doctor I wanted was the one on call, all the nurses were like angels sent to help us, my epidural worked, she was small enough I could push her out quickly, we had a nice big room with a bed for John, there was a snack room down the hall with all the food and drinks you could eat (John's favorite part of the whole experience. I lost count of how many oreos and lorna doones we ate.) I feel almost fully recovered already, she nurses like a pro, and she is super easy! We couldn't have asked for anything more.
She cried a little right when she was born and hasn't cried much since then, she is so mellow and content, it's great! She looks a lot like Wes did as a newborn but a little more feminine and petite. Wes likes to point to her and say "Mamul" or "Mae" but doesn't really want to touch her or anything yet. He has been hanging out with Josh, Rose and Grace and having fun cousin time. It feels good to be home and get organized. My mom flies in tomorrow and will be here for a week and then Anne will be here for a little bit and then my whole family will be coming for Thanksgiving, I'm so excited to have family around to celebrate! Here are some of my favorite pictures, the best one is of John kissing Mabel, the cutest thing in the world!
11.04.2008
She's Here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
YAY!!! We are so excited for you. She is beautiful!
I am so excited for you guys! she is just beautiful. she looks like wes to me for sure- but definitely a little lady. I can't believe she came early- too fun! can't wait to meet her.
Oh my gosh I started to cry looking at these pictures of your little sweetheart. She looks a LOT like Wes. But in my (early) opinion, she looks slightly more Petersen than Wes did. We love you guys and cannot wait to come meet our Precious Mabel Anne.
p.s. i like the picture with Wes in the background...like that's as close as he would get to her :) So cute!
Yay John and Jenilyn! You have two kids! It sounds like you'll be super busy with family for a while, so I'll give you a call later on. I'm so excited and so jealous! Two weeks early - what a dream!
Congratulations! She looks pretty, and I love her name. I like the pic with Wes peering in from the background. That must be so much fun to have kids who can be excited about their new baby brother or sister.
YES!!!! I love these pictures! They are so beautiful. She is so beautiful. I wish we were there so that I could just sit there and hold her. We love you guys and welcome Mabel to this world with open arms and lots of love. Congratulations! love you guys.
She's here! I'm so so so excited for you! I just wish I could her. She looks so much like, Wes, I love it! I can't wait to talk to you about everything. Call me when you aren't napping or too busy :) Congratulations! i love you! She's darling!
Congratulations guys, she's lovely and I am happy that the labor and delivery went so well. Yay for babies :)
Post a Comment