Sometimes Wes can be quite demanding, always wanting to eat or drink or watch a movie or get something for him and sometimes he just yells what he wants. So we taught him to say "Excuse me Mom, I have a question" then I say "Yes Wes, what is your question?" and then he should say "Can I have a drink please?" and I say "Oh, yes I will get you a drink" and then he says "Thank you" all in a nice polite way. Well this is how the conversation usually goes:
"Scuse me question LICORICE!" or "Scuse me question DRINK!" in a half yelling run on sentence, and I say "What else do you say?" and he says "Please!?"
Close enough right?
Also this was John and Wes' conversation this morning when John was leaving for work, and is a typical conversation he has with anyone as they leave.
John: Ill see you guys later
Wes: Bye Dad, love you
John: Bye Wes, love you
Wes: Good day, love you
John: love you too
Wes: love you too, love you, (as John goes out the door) love you! (after the door closes) love you!
Wes has also become really into orange taxi's, which he sees all the time as we are driving around. He yells out "Orange taxi car!" whenever he sees one as we are driving and cries when they drive away. He has gotten really good at finding them from pretty far away and he always thinks they are going to get gas at the gas station since he saw one there once.
Oh and Wes has also become pretty comfortable climbing up on the toilet and then the sink in the bathroom to get whatever he thinks he needs. He usually gets his toothbrush, puts toothpaste on it and then runs it under the water and starts brushing his teeth, like ten times a day. He also likes to find John's razor, and will shave off his peach fuzz if we don't catch him soon enough. He takes the q-tips and rubs them on his eyes like he has seen me do. And today he came and asked me for a drink while I was busy and I told him to go and get a cup and see if he could fill it up in the bathroom sink. So he came back to me with a cup full of water that he was drinking, except I never heard the sink turn on, so I asked him to show me where he got the water and he took me into the bathroom and showed me how he filled up his cup in the toilet, so gross. Then later I saw him with another big cup of water that he was drinking, which he told me also got from the toilet, I'm gaging right now.
6.16.2009
Excuse Me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is hilarious!! (and gross!)
HAHA!!! Wes is such a character! He is seriously the funniest kid. Evie is also obsessed with brushing her teeth right now. When I give in and put some toothpaste on her brush, she giggles and jumps up and down. :) I love getting updates of your kids! You are so good about blogging.
Wes sounds so cute! I loved his scuse me question, but the toilet water was a little disgusting. It sounds like you are having lots of fun. That's so nice your sisters are with you.
Post a Comment