We went to the pool opening last saturday and I thought it would be easy enough keeping my eye on both kids, Wes is pretty cautious around water, but sure enough I looked down for a second and when I looked up Wes was floating in the pool waving his arms around. Luckily Hailey was right by him and grabbed him, I think he was only in for a few seconds but it sure gave me a scare.
Later that day Wes and Grace were playing in his room and we heard a big bang and Wes crying. He hit his head and started swelling up like crazy so I had to rush him to the emergency room. He was fine, so I felt a little silly afterwards that I was so worried.
Then a few days later Wes fell off the couch onto his side and was complaining about his shoulder. He started waking up in the night screaming, it seemed to be getting worse so I took him into Urgent Care where he got x-rays on his collar bone and shoulder. The x-rays came back negative but he still has a big bump on his collar bone and is pretty sore. It just kills me to see Wes in pain, I almost cried when the doctor was feeling his shoulder.
I have sort of had a bad mom feeling in the back of my mind this past week and we have had to pay so much money for all of these visits but at least my kids are healthy and happy and playing and snuggling in bed with John as I write this.
6.02.2009
Grief
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I strongly believe that bad Mom feelings usually come from Satan and that they hinder our performance. We can all do a little better, but you are nothing like a bad Mom.
Thanks
Thanks Andrea. I think we all need to hear that once in a while. There are just so many balls to juggle as a mom. Surely one is going to drop from time to time. That Wes is as cute as can be. I get a kick out of how adventurous and curious he is. Just as a little boy should be.
Post a Comment