I am really glad that John made me be his girlfriend when I didn't want a boyfriend. I am also glad that he waited a long time to tell me that he loved me because he knew I wasn't ready, and I wasn't. Now six years later I'm glad that John drags me all around the country moving from place to place without a real home because I secretly love it. We have a lot of fun together and I certainly have a greater life than I could have ever dreamed up on my own. Life is coming at us pretty fast and sometimes it is hard to keep up but whenever we can find a quiet moment together we always end up amazed at all the blessings we have been given.
I think in the past year and a half we have really been able to figure out how to work together to make the things happen in our lives that we really want. I think there is a lot to be said about vizualization and making goals. Goals and future planning are a big part of our relationship and I feel like we have a lot of power to achieve the things that we would like to see happen for our family. Of coarse really our relationship is three people including our Savior, and when he is involved that is really when we see amazing things happen. We both have this scary but exciting feeling that we have some big and unexpected things ahead for our family, and I think that as long as we are open to the risks and opportunities that come our way then we will be ready for them. I guess risks and challenges might be similar but I look at them more as risks. Both can have a positive outcome but I think you can choose risks and challenges are sometimes just given to you. Anyway, I think that John and I have been able to take on some calculated risks in our lives in the last little while that have really turned out to be very big blessings, and sometimes it's fun and exciting to take on something new and unexpected. Well I guess I better stop before this gets too long. Here is the first picture ever taken of us, john is so darling (not so cute of me) his smile kind of reminds me of Mae's.
4.27.2010
I'm Lucky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hi, it's melissa John's cousin. April showed me your blog a long time ago. I love your plate clocks! I now have you on my reader. :) K, that post made me a little teary. John is very lucky to have you and you are very lucky to have John! :) I'm glad things are going well, your kids are adorable!
What a wonderful reflection and post. I enjoyed it thoroughly. You guys are destined for great things! By the way, nice hair john.
Um, you guys are the CUTEST.
Post a Comment