So Rose and I have been keeping our eye out on Craig's List to see if the person who stole my stroller would list it. Sure enough a week later Rose found a listing for my exact stroller in our neighborhood. Rose called the cops and we set up a place to meet the guy while the cops watched. When the guy pulled the stroller out of the truck the cops pulled up and busted him! His story didn't add up plus we had pictures to prove it was ours. It kind of felt like a victory, justice had been served. They handcuffed the guy and took him away.
I'm so glad that Rose pretty much did everything. She found it, called the cops, arranged to meet with the stroller seller/stealer, then played out the whole set up. I was a mad nervous wreck so I was glad all I had to do was stay in the car and take iphone pictures. After they got the guy the cops came up to me and told me I should be proud of my sister, then they asked her if she wanted to come work for the police department, he said Rose was fit and smart! She pretty much said No Way! It was funny.
So glad to have my stroller back. Maybe some people feel like it is just a silly stroller but for how much I rely on using this thing, not to mention the monetary investment, I was pretty upset when it was gone. I really feel like a part of my life is back on track now. Thanks Rose.

7.31.2010
Busted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is Emily's friend, but I just wanted to say that was sooooo awesome!! I wish my husband could have been the cop there!!!
Betsy
That is the best story ever! You have such a great and gutsy sister to back you up like that. It's awesome to hear a story about somebody's life getting better, not worse. Thanks for sharing.
Fantastic! I would have been too upset to do it myself also, I have a hard time not wearing my emotions on my sleeve. Thank goodness for sisters.
This is the best story ever, I've been telling everyone about it! I love that you were in the car taking pictures while this went down. :)
That is so freaking awesome! i LOVE it! congrats!
Post a Comment