We headed to the National Mall a couple of weeks ago, when Joel was in town, with Emily and Tyler. We saw the Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and the Korean War Memorial. We had a picnic and then went to the American History Museum. It was a fun time! The kids had fun running around and we got several looks and comments about how kids shouldn't be at Memorials, whatever.










I knew that statistically Vera had a bigger head, but this picture makes her look super top heavy! And you know how I like to compare pictures, so here is Mae at the same age, same place, which makes them look very different to me. (And makes my photography skills look bad too.)

2 comments:
That's so funny, I didn't hear any comments that day. I guess I wasn't paying attention. But I agree, whatever! It was so good to see you all and hopefully we'll see you soon.
Whatever, indeed! I wonder if they were meaning b/c children (who, yes, run around and aren't silent robots) would ruin the experience for other people or if being at a memorial would be too heavy for a child to bear. Hmm. ps--I took Olivia to all those memorials when we were there several years back, so there lady.
Love Mae's little pigtail poofs.
Vera really does look so "white" against Wes.
Post a Comment