I really enjoyed the Relief Society lesson last Sunday and I have been thinking about this quote by Joseph Smith ever since:
"Now, in the world, mankind are naturally selfish, ambitious and striving to excel one above another; yet some are willing to build up others as well as themselves."
I am so glad that I have known people who have been willing to build me up while trying to learn and grow themselves. I hope that in my struggle to become more like my Savior that I can be one of those people someday to others. I hope that I can learn to rise above the tendencies of the natural man and see all the people around me in a more positive way.
On a different note; John sometimes plays a computer game called "Call of Duty" and Wes must have picked up on this because he randomly walks around the house saying "Duty Calls" with a sigh.
Yesterday Wes had an imaginary phone call with himself that went like this:
3.20.2009
March thoughts
the silver kitchen play phone was up to his ear and he was pacing the floor in the family room and didn't know I was watching him, "Hewow? . . . Daddy here? . . . No . . . Working . . . Ok . . . Bye Bye."
I thought it was pretty funny because I had never seen him pretend to be on the phone other than to just say hello and then move on to another toy. I told John about it when he got home and he thought it was pretty funny too. Wes always seems to be so concerned about where John is. He is always asking me: Daddy working? Daddy mail? Daddy driving? Daddy sleeping? if he doesn't know where he is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment