5.29.2008

Best of

Best day in: Monday, John had work off and we just hung out and had fun.

Best night out: Wednesday we went to Pizzeria 712 with the Pecks who came down from Salt Lake, fun and delicious.



Best smell: Orange nectar from my new oil burner Mel got me for my birthday, thanks!

Best mail: my new diaper bag that I have been looking for for a year. I saw it last summer and have been tracking it down ever since and finally found it online for half the price! I'm saving it for when the baby comes.



Best recipe: Mediterranean Linguine



Ingredients:
9 ounces uncooked linguine
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used chicken)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp and mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is heated through.
Drain linguine; serve with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.

Best productive day: Tuesday, vacuumed twice, mopped three times (what happens when I try and clean while Wes is awake), cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen, went on a nice long challenging walk (which I have to say I do every day not just this day, five days a week for the last three months, first time ever!) and worked on a few side projects.

Best completed project: Making my binder which has everything in it I ever need, it's basically my brain, and now I feel much more organized. You should make one too, I put these categories in it:
Weekly Schedule
Meal Planning
Personal Projects
Home
Landscape
Finances
Goals
Parenting Plan
Vacations
Emergency
Vital Info

And then making myself a mini desk, since I don't have my own studio, office or even desk, I made a little work space by getting a cheap tray and putting my binder, planner, stickies and a pencil in it. I can take my new desk with me wherever I want to work, brilliant.



Best news: hearing the baby's heartbeat and scheduling the ultrasound in three weeks!

Best blooms: My fuschias, which are finally recovering from near death when I went to Idaho and left John to water them.



Best surprise: My grandparents called and said they are in town and will be three blocks down from us for a wedding reception so we walked down to our church building and got to say hi.

Best reward: waking up in the morning to about thirty wet kisses from Wes (all his idea) after a very trying day with him the day before.

It has been a great week!

3 comments:

The Carlsons said...

Hey! How's everything going? You're expecting? Congrats!! It feels like we've been away FOREVER...and it's only been 3 months. It's crazy how time plays tricks on you. Okay, so we found out that we're having a boy and I need to know where I can find all of the cute boy clothes and all of the great baby items. I've always loved your taste. Talk to you later!

Melody said...

Ooooooh, can't wait to make a 'brain binder'. You're a genius. It's exactly what I need!

Melissa said...

Fun post idea. Love the diaper bag and the binder idea. Congrats on the baby on its way! Keep us posted on what you're having..how exciting!