First of all I have become obsessed with hummus. I had never tried it until last week and I'm hooked.
Second of all you have to make this recipe TONIGHT! It is so good and so easy, and a perfect light meal. I made one for me and John for dinner and then he asked me to make him another one, and then he said "that was so good, can I have another one, Wes ate most of it"
Ingredients:
1/3 cup prepared hummus
4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
I also added avocado, and it was great
Directions:
Spread hummus on tortillas; top with chicken, peppers, cheese and basil. Roll up.
Third you can use it in place of mayo on sandwiches and it is so much better for you and in place of dip and use pitas, veggies and chips, so delicious.
Fourth you can make your own which is much cheaper and here is a good recipe:
(I did buy store bought and it was delish)
Ingredients:
3/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:
In a food processor, combine the oil, lemon juice, beans, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
5.18.2008
Hummus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE hummus, have you ever tried the hummus wraps at IKEA? They are the best ive had. I want to make my own now.
Thanks for the recipe!
Cool, I have been meaning to try hummus. Now I will for sure- thanks for the recipe, it looks really good.
sounds so good! We'll have to give it a try. I want to try Ikeas wraps too that Rose mentioned.
Tried it and I'm a believer! Yum!
Post a Comment