1.31.2009

Goals


We decided to have themes for our goals for 2009

Our family theme is :: Petersens follow the Prophet :: easy to reference as we make family decisions and goals. I think we will have it as our family motto, not just for this year. We made a sign to hang up so that we see it often. I think we will focus our energy on health and try and incorporate these ideas: 
• eat slower and enjoy our meals as a family
• pay attention to hungry and full cues, especially with Wes
• drink a glass of water instead of snacking and stay hydrated
• have a veggie salad or a good serving of veggies everyday
• eat sweets sparingly (this will be hard)
• exercise five times a week, getting out of the house and going to the park for Wes once a week
• use as many fresh ingredients as possible
• eat a low cholesterol healthy breakfast everyday
• get to bed early (early to bed, early to rise, makes a family healthy wealthy and wise)

My personal theme is :: A House of Order :: which I would like to achieve using these four goals
• Consolidate and Donate :: get rid of all the stuff we don't need, use, or want and organize what we want to keep. So far we have done tons of this and it feels amazing.
• Food Storage :: organize an emergency plan and gather all the necessary food and equipment. 
• Budget :: get a system down that allows me to track and use a budget for our family expenses.
• Journal :: keep a record of our everyday joys, inspirations, and experiences, which I will do using this blog, hence this post and other recent and future posts.

John told me that his theme for this year will be :: Get Rich or Die Trying :: no other explanation necessary. Seriously though, he does have a lot of career plans for this year and he does such a great job taking care of his family.

Well so far so good, we have been working hard and are excited for this new year and our new adventures. 

1 comment:

Justin said...

I like Johns theme for the year. I think I need theme 09'