3.07.2010

Update

I took this picture the day before we left California. Wes and Mae somehow got a tub of butter and escaped into the living room. When I found them the couches, chairs, carpet, dog and phone were covered in butter! How did Wes get such an idea... later that night he told me that Chip and Dale spread butter on the roof and Donald Duck fell off and it was really funny.

So we decided last week that we needed to be in Utah for some work projects for John, so by the end of the week we had moved again. The projects that we originally went to California for were wrapping up and new projects in Utah needed more attention so we are back. We were staying with my parents while we were in California which was so much fun, I miss having their company and help with the kids, only having to cook every other week, and seeing my sisters. :(

On a good note, things here have really fallen into place and we have already been able to accomplish many of the things on our list that were top priority. We are renting a condo and have mattresses on the floor, a folding table and chairs and a few major kitchen items. I was really craving something homemade so I managed to bake cookies tonight with what I could find in our storage bin of cooking items, they really hit the spot. We will be packing up again in about a month and heading to Chicago in April for the summer, at least we will be staying for a while and I can unpack and get settled in. This is the sixth nursery Wes has been in since he started and he will be in at least two or three more before the end of the year, it is one of his favorite parts of the week. I'm so glad that my kids can adapt easily with all this moving around, because I am starting to really look forward to finding a house and getting permanent.

Wes has been so sweet and obedient lately. Just a few weeks ago I wasn't sure I could handle him anymore and he has completely turned around, a serious answer to prayer. I will have to write more on this later. Mae on the other hand has gotten just a tiny bit more feisty and I think I may have to start disciplining her, ahh.

So for the next few weeks we are looking forward to house hunting, spending time with family and friends, looking forward to visits from our parents, Neal's blessing, Wes' birthday, Conference and Easter. I'm excited.



7 comments:

Christy and Jason said...

I don't know how you handled that---I think I would have felt a mix of crying and yelling! Good luck with all of your moves. Sounds like you guys might not make it to the farm this year, but it sure would be fun to see your darling kids and catch up!

Em and Ty said...

Looks like a work of art to me! But the clean up, yikes!
I hope your move to Chicago goes well. It will be nice to at least feel that you guys are closer to us! Hopefully we get to see you before Christmas! And good luck on house hunting.

Andrea J said...

Y'all really have a lot going on right now, good luck with everything. You both are so resourceful I'm sure you'll find a great house and everything will fall right into place.

KellySummer said...

You guys are so artsy that even Wes can make butter on a phone aesthetically pleasing.

Chelsea said...

I totally gasped when I saw that pic! I would've died! Love his reasoning behind it though- so cute! Hopefully we will get to see you guys on your way out to Chicago!

Amber said...

You should frame a print of that photo. Really. You handle change so well; I admire you.

forget laundry said...

oh my heavens... the phone picture is classic. glad you guys are back (even if it's for a minute!) let's hang out soon!